Monday, February 18, 2008

homemade oreo cookies

These cookies take a while to make, but man, they are worth the effort. The trick is to not over cook them, you want the cookie part to stay soft, this is what makes them ten times better than regular oreos. Mmmmmm.

Cookies:
2 devil's food cake mixes
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups shortening
Mix well and roll into small balls. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 8-9 minutes, let cool.
Frosting:
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
3 cups of powdered sugar (more if needed for stiffness)
1 tbsp vanilla
Beat until very smooth. If it seems runny at all, add more powdered sugar, the thicker the frosting, the easier it still stay in between the cookies.

Once the cookies are cooled, spread generously with frosting and press with another cookie. Enjoy! These cookies are one of the many reasons Josh loves me! :)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love these cookies! I could eat the whole batch by myself. I have not made them for a few months I guess it is time to make them again!