Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Lasagna

I found this recipe while standing in line at the grocery store. I have a habit of looking at cookbooks while I am waiting in line. This recipe was on the front cover and it looked really good so I bought the cookbook and made this yummy recipe. It is one of Kelly's favorites. He requests it all the time.

1 can Enchilada Sauce 10 oz size
2 c. diced chicken
1 8 oz container sour cream
1/2 c slice green onions
1 T taco seasoning
8 corn tortillas halved
2 c shredded Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese
1 c tortilla chips
1 c chopped tomatoes
2 T ripe olives

Heat oven to 375. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Reserve 1/2 c enchilada sauce. In a large bowl mix remaining enchilada sauce, chicken, sour cream, 1/4 c onions and taco seasoning mix. Spoon 1/4 c enchilada sauce in the bottom of baking dish. Arrange 8 tortilla pieces over sauce overlapping as necessary. Spoon half of chicken mixture over tortillas, sprinkle with 2/3 c of the cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with foil. Bake 30-35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover layer tortilla chips, tomatoes, olives, remaining 1/4 c onions and remaining 2/3 c cheese over the top of casserole. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

6 comments:

patsy said...

mmmm- kristy that looks really good!

Janae said...

This does look really yummy! I will have to try this one:)

patsy said...

Krisy is it the really big can of enchilada sauce or the regular size can of enchilada sauce?

Kristy said...

The regular 10 oz can.....I fixed it on the recipe. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this for Sunday dinner tomorrow. I don't have enchilada sauce in my house will a mixture of mexican seasoned pureed tomatoes and tomato sauce work?

Carrie said...

I made this last night for dinner but didn't use torillas because I didn't have any but just used tortilla chips instead. My family loved it. Rob was thrilled I actually cooked.