Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe was given to me by my friend Stephanie. When baking them watch them really close and take them out of the oven when they were light brown, they stay soft longer this way. DO NOT DOUBLE this recipe it makes a big batch....it fills up my Kitchen Aide. Enjoy! 1 c. butter
1 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla
4 eggs

Cream the above ingredients and then add

4 1/2 c flour(I add a little bit at a time until there is enough flour. Sometimes I have to add extra)
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 12 oz pkg chocolate chips
3/4 c. oatmeal
1 c. crushed corn flakes (optional I add these sometimes)

Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes until a light brown. Watch your oven mine cooks these cookies in about 6-7 minutes)

3 comments:

Beth said...

I am curious what the crushed corn flakes do for the recipe? Never heard of that before.

The pics make me hungry for cookies!! Yum!!!

patsy said...

Those look so good- I have to say... I was so good not to eat one yesterday when I stopped by & saw your AMAZING KITCHEN It is better looking in person. Seriously good job Kristy!

Kristy said...

The crushed cornflakes make the cookies chewy. I put them in sometimes depends on my mood. My friend always puts them in hers.