Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Caramels

I found this recipe a few years back and now I make caramels every year at Christmas time. They are very easy to make the secret is to stir the ingredients the entire time with a wooden spoon not a metal spoon.
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup karo syrup
1 14 ounce can sweet and condensed milk
Dash of Salt
Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Keep at a rolling boil and cook till soft ball forms in cold water (about 15 minutes). Pour into a buttered 7x11 pan. Cool and then cut into squares and wrap in wax paper.

2 comments:

patsy said...

These were so so good!!

I haven't made them for years but always used to. brett saved them for himself- but I managed to eat my share....

Janae said...

These were really awesome! I have made before but, not this year. Thanks for sharing:)