Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Homemade Waffles


This recipe was given to me by a friend a few years back. I don't make them very often but they are a huge hit when I do. They are so light and fluffy. I usually double the batch and freeze the extras for the kids for breakfast.
2 egg yolks (put whites aside for later in the recipe)
2 c milk
2 c flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/3 c. oil

Mix the above ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Beat on low until moist and then increase to medium until smooth. In another bowl mix the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold in the egg whites in with rest of the ingredients. Cook in your waffle iron until golden brown. (My waffle iron takes about 1 cup of mix for one waffle)
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Janae said...

These look seriously yummy...I will give them a try. My kids love all breakfast foods:)