Saturday, March 15, 2008

Indoor S'mores

This recipe has been a favorite of mine for years. I remember making it when I was growing up( I was the treat maker in my family) for my family. My family loves them!

Indoor S'mores

Ingredients:

  • 8 cups (13-oz. box) graham cracker cereal
  • 6 cups (10.5-oz. bag) miniature marshmallows, divided
  • 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
  • 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into pieces
  • 1/4 cup light corn syrup (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions:
GREASE 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour cereal into large bowl.

HEAT 5 cups marshmallows, morsels, butter and corn syrup in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.

POUR marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until well coated. Stir in remaining marshmallows. Press mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars.


No comments: