Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sugar Cookies

This is my first time making sugar cookies using this recipe and I am sold on it!!!! This cookies turned out so soft and yummy. Emily says you can't just eat one so that must mean they are good! I am not sure where or who I got his recipe from. It was written on a piece of paper that I found with my recipes. So if this is your recipe please let me know....so I can give due credit for these yummy cookies....I think the secret ingredient is the buttermilk.


11/2 c. sugar
3 cubes of butter softened
2 eggs

Cream together and then add
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 c buttermilk
4 c flour

Add remaining ingredients. Roll out dough and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Ice and enjoy!

3 comments:

patsy said...

WHERE did you get that shamrock cookie cutter???? for real I have been sEarCHing High & low...

yummy cookies!

Janae said...

These look so so yummy! you don't have to chill the dough?? I have a recipe now that you don't have to chill the dough, i love that!

Kristy said...

I borrowed the cookie cutter from my neighbor....