Sunday, August 17, 2008

fresh peach cobbler

I don't know about you - but I love fresh peaches!
I have several different recipes for peach cobbler. I made a really different (for me anyway) one years ago- loved it- then couldn't find the recipe again- dang it- I hate when that happens. Any how my neighbor kindly brought me a whole sack of peaches last night so I got on allrecipes & looked up this recipe. I modified it a little & it was perfect. So good- really similar to the one I tried years ago. I forgot to take a picture until it was almost too late. It was SO GOOD! let me know if you try it.1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk

3-4 cups fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups water

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter a glass casserole dish.
cream the butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish .
(If using canned peaches, drain thoroughly, reserving the juice.) Spoon fruit over batter.
Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Pour water over the top. This is hard to do- don't worry it'll be alright :)
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. During baking the fruit and juice go to the bottom and the batter rises.
This is so good cooled slightly & served with ice cream.

2 comments:

Kari Sweeten said...

Patsy, this cobbler looks awesome. I am going to try this in the next couple of days. Cool blog!

She Loves To Make said...

I made this a few weeks ago and it turned out so good!!! I was surprised how easy it was to make.