Thursday, April 24, 2008

Enchilada Soup

This is my new favorite soup recipe.
I got the recipe here- my favorite cooking blog, besides this one of course!
It's similar to taco soup, but creamier & with chicken. I love it.
I altered this recipe from it's original to suite our tastes & the ingredients I had at home, so you may want to check out it's original link.
Put all of these ingredients into a 3 to 5 quart crock pot:
15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped yellow, green or red sweet pepper
2 cups water
2-3 boneless chicken breast cut into cubes (mine was partially frozen)
Mix these together and pour into crock pot:
1 package dry enchilada sauce mix
2 cups water
1 small can tomato paste
2 chicken boullion cubes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
*Cook on low for 6 hours or high 3-4 hours- then add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips & grated cheese if desired. This soup can also be made without chicken.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

This looks so yummy. I will have to try this one! I love soup.

everything pink! said...

hey girls just had to say hi and say you are so great!

and what is up with your spam comment! he will buy your cooking book!

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Anne and I was at the blog party on Saturday and I need to make a dip tonight for my ward's fiesta and I was wondering if you could tell me or at least direct me to somewhere where I could find the dip one of you made that had the beans ect in it. The one you left the celery out of:) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

oh sorry my email is anne.dunkley@hotmail.com
thanks!!!